Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/10 22:20:17 UTC

Re: [SCXML] How to install Commons SCXML? How to use it?

Prepended [SCXML] prefix to email subject per Commons conventions.
Please see comments below.

On 1/10/06, Joseph Olson <ol...@dhfs.state.wi.us> wrote:

> > Hello, I am starting to study the use of Commons scxml and I would
> > like to know how I can install and use it.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> This a very, very small of amount of sample code that uses SCXML
> The application needs to update objects/classes in a certain  seqeunce
> I "attach" a listener for a particular state. With the State engine the
> objects/classes
> are updated in the desired seqeunce

<snip/>

Beatriz -

You'll find some information in the "Commons SCXML Resources" and
"Project Documentation" menus in the left side navigation bar on the
Commons SCXML webpage [1]. Javadocs, API notes and usecases will
probably be most useful. There is much room for improvement to the
docs -- I'm hoping to spend some time on that within the next week or
two -- suggestions are always welcome.

"Installation" really amounts to satisfying the dependencies [2] in
classpath (not all dependencies will be needed, depends on usage).

Ofcourse, Joseph's previous note on this thread has a nice overview
about most things you'll need to know for starters, in the "learn by
example" spirit.

Joseph -

Neat usecase, if you ever feel like writing up a usecase for the
Commons SCXML website, I'll be happy to post it in the usecases
section [3]. Working usecases are great, but not necessary.
Tutorial-style snippets of code are equally useful.

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/scxml/
[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/scxml/dependencies.html
[3] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/scxml/usecases.html