Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Michael Mitiaguin <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/01 02:00:01 UTC

Re: using mutliple wildcards in a term?

Douglas,

I had a check with Lucene.Net  2..0.4 (  latest release , my understanding
2.1 hasn't been released yet , you just checked out from svn tree ? )  and
the following fragment does work for me.

                searcher = new IndexSearcher(indexDir);
                query = new WildcardQuery ( new Term ("description" ,
"*bbe*" )) ;
                hits = searcher.Search ( query ) ;

For my index  85 hits  , and lesser number 81  for "?ubbe*"

Did you mean you tried QueryParser  with leading wildcard and it returned
hits ?  I also would be interested to get a confirmation
this behaviour   was changed in 2.1  comparing to  2.0.4 where exception is
thrown

  [Lucene.Net.QueryParsers.ParseException]    {"Lexical error at line 1,
column 1.  Encountered: \"*\" (42), after : \"\""}

Posted by DIGY <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
There is a discussion about leading wildcards in Lucene which is available
in 2.1.

DIGY