Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by cm...@collab.net on 2001/06/13 13:23:49 UTC

Geez...error codes.

While I love the new code to see the textual representation of the
errors we're throwing out in Subversion, it sure reveals some poorly
chosen error values in the code.

   % svn st t2

   svn_error: #21016 : <Obstructed update; unversioned item in the way>
     svn_wc_entry: t2 is not a working copy directory

I'm guess we should have an SVN_ERR_WC_NOT_WC or something?  Anyway,
hopefully these will all get cleaned up during the Big Error
Evaluation, in which the happy Subversion developers define and
document every error value the public interface functions are allowed
to return, and then force those interface functions to only return
those errors.