Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Qiang <qj...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/22 18:40:18 UTC

Help needed

I having been working with docker and mesos recently and one of the app I
am going to dockerize relies on file storage, I thought about using NFS,
and docker data volume container, but I don't know how can I possibly use
these to address my problem, as far as I know, mesos has service discovery
but in my case I don't think a file storage can be made a service somehow.

Any idea to save my day?

Qiang Han

Re: Help needed

Posted by Ankur Chauhan <an...@malloc64.com>.
The other option is to use hdfs or s3 or ceph or gluster, basically what I mean to say is to introduce a layer of indirection and have a dfs service with a userland "file system driver".  I have used s3fs in my "experiments" with success although i would like to hear from others who have some real production use cases.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Help needed

Posted by Kashif Ali <Ka...@unixcraft.com>.

Re: Help needed

Posted by Timothy Chen <ti...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Qiang,

Re: Help needed

Posted by Ankur Chauhan <an...@malloc64.com>.
You could use HDFS of Mount NFs on all nodes and then mount that inside all the containers as a volume.