Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ed Gomolka <eg...@gyldan.com> on 2001/04/02 02:29:19 UTC

Re: Admin USER&PASSWORD

On Sunday 01 April 2001 20:11, Imron -san wrote:
> I've already installed The newest release of Tomcat on
> my windows 98. I've created my own hello world
> servlet.
> 1. How do I deploy my hello world servlet?.
> 2. When I go to http://localhost:8080/admin/
>    the site ask me for user name and password,
>    where I can find for user/password information for
>    admin realm?

The admin context is intended for administration of your Tomcat instance.
It should not be used for simple your hello world servlet.
It is the only context that requires the entry of a user name and password.
In order to access all the features of the admin context, you will need
to create a user name and password, and enter them in the file
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml, and assign them a role of "admin".

Ed
--

Ed Gomolka
(egomolka@gyldan.com)