Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/07 05:53:44 UTC

[FlexJS|Image] Missing properties in created Image

Hi,

In one of the MDL component I've created org.apache.flex.html.Image. I see
in code that this image has

"imageElement" property and "applyImageData", but I don't see them in
compiled swc. If I use them simply

var image:Image = new Image();
image.applyImageData("image.png");

compilation failing.

They are compiled in JS sight, so probably in order to see them I need to
add also SWF sight. Is it something what was missed or there wasn't plan to
add those properties as visible ?

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS|Image] Missing properties in created Image

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/7/16, 7:26 AM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos Rovira"
<carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com> wrote:

>Hi, Right now MDL is JS only, but I think one day we could make a Flash
>version, for that reason I think we should develop with that in mind.

Well, in the rest of the code, we generally try to make the JS output as
optimal as possible, then emulate that in the SWF code.  So, I don't think
you need to worry too much about the Flash side for now.

-Alex

Re: [FlexJS|Image] Missing properties in created Image

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi, Right now MDL is JS only, but I think one day we could make a Flash
version, for that reason I think we should develop with that in mind.

just my 2

thanks

> Thanks Alex. I will use HTMLImageElement.
>
> Piotr
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC
> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS|Image] Missing properties in created Image

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/6/16, 9:53 PM, "piotrz" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In one of the MDL component I've created org.apache.flex.html.Image. I see
>in code that this image has
>
>"imageElement" property and "applyImageData", but I don't see them in
>compiled swc. If I use them simply
>
>var image:Image = new Image();
>image.applyImageData("image.png");
>
>compilation failing.
>
>They are compiled in JS sight, so probably in order to see them I need to
>add also SWF sight. Is it something what was missed or there wasn't plan
>add those properties as visible ?

If it isn't in the SWF side, it probably wasn't required to make it work
in a SWF and so there is no plan for it to be a common API. Since MDL is
currently JS-only, you have the option of using the HTMLJS.swc instead of
HTML.swc.

HTH,
-Alex