Posted to rivet-user@tcl.apache.org by Jesus Is Not Dead <vu...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/07/03 11:02:53 UTC

rivet configuration

his
i just compiled, installed rivet in my apache 1.3.27...
but when i access username.domain.com/script.tcl
it shows me the source code instead of processing it..
i dont get any errors and i completely dont know whats wrong... ;/

heres what i have in apache.conf

<IfDefine RIVET>
  <IfModule !mod_rivet.c>
LoadModule rivet_modulemodules/mod_rivet.so
RivetServerConf CacheSize 5
RivetServerConf GlobalInitScript "source /etc/apache/lib/rivet/init.tcl"
RivetServerConf ChildInitScript ::Rivet::initialize_request
RivetServerConf ChildExitScript ::Rivet::cleanup_request
#RivetServerConf BeforeScript #RivetServerConf AfterScript RivetServerConf
ErrorScript ::Rivet::handle_error
RivetServerConf SeperateVirtualInterps no
AddType application/x-httpd-rivet rvt
AddType application/x-rivet-tcl tcl
AddHandler x-httpd-rivet rvt
AddHandler x-rivet-tcl tcl
  </IfModule>
</IfDefine>

and the vhost looks like this:

NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
ServerName status.lonis.org
ServerAlias status
ServerAdmin status@lonis.org
DocumentRoot /home/status/public_html/
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
AddType text/html     shtml
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/status/public_html/cgi-bin/
DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.cgi index.pl index.tcl
</VirtualHost>

the script i used to test rivet is this:
*************
puts "HTTP/1.0 200 OK"
puts "Content-type: text/html"
puts "Expires: -1\n"
<?
puts "welcome to: [info hostname]"
?>

Re: rivet configuration

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
Jesus Is Not Dead <vu...@sympatico.ca> writes:

> > > i just compiled, installed rivet in my apache 1.3.27...  but
> > > when i access username.domain.com/script.tcl it shows me the
> > > source code instead of processing it..  i dont get any errors
> > > and i completely dont know whats wrong... ;/

> > Let's have a look... it sounds like a handler problem to me.

> i tried with dots �.� in addtype and addhandler...and still is the
> same...even tried putting them directly in my vhost

I don't have the addhandler ones myself... you might try removing
those.

Do your error logs say anything?

Not sure exactly what the problem might be, but I'm %100 it's on your
end, so maybe googling on similiar problems (PHP, for instance) would
help?

> i dont know if this can have something to do with the error..but in
> the beginning when i installed rivet i got a warning message saying
> the module could crash if run under EAPI to recompile it with
> -DEAPI..  I recompiled it after sending the email and i dont get
> that warning anymore but still doesnt work ;/

That wouldn't be the problem.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: rivet configuration

Posted by Jesus Is Not Dead <vu...@sympatico.ca>.
On 05 Jul 2003 10:23:01 +0200
davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton) wrote:

> Jesus Is Not Dead <vu...@sympatico.ca> writes:
>
> > his
>
> > i just compiled, installed rivet in my apache 1.3.27...  but when i
> > access username.domain.com/script.tcl it shows me the source code
> > instead of processing it..  i dont get any errors and i completely
> > dont know whats wrong... ;/
>
> Let's have a look... it sounds like a handler problem to me.
>
> > heres what i have in apache.conf
>
> > <IfDefine RIVET>
> >   <IfModule !mod_rivet.c>
> > LoadModule rivet_modulemodules/mod_rivet.so
> > RivetServerConf CacheSize 5
> > RivetServerConf GlobalInitScript "source
> > /etc/apache/lib/rivet/init.tcl" RivetServerConf ChildInitScript
> > ::Rivet::initialize_request RivetServerConf ChildExitScript
> > ::Rivet::cleanup_request#RivetServerConf BeforeScript
> > #RivetServerConf AfterScript RivetServerConf ErrorScript
> > ::Rivet::handle_error RivetServerConf SeperateVirtualInterps no
> > AddType application/x-httpd-rivet rvt
> > AddType application/x-rivet-tcl tcl
> > AddHandler x-httpd-rivet rvt
> > AddHandler x-rivet-tcl tcl
> >   </IfModule>
> > </IfDefine>
>
> I have these - note the '.'
>
> AddType application/x-httpd-rivet .rvt
> AddType application/x-rivet-tcl .tcl
>
> Why don't you see if that helps?
> --
i tried with dots ´.´ in addtype and addhandler...and still is the
same...even tried putting them directly in my vhost

i dont know if this can have something to do with the error..but in the
beginning when i installed rivet i got a warning message saying
the module could crash if run under EAPI to recompile it with -DEAPI..
I recompiled it after sending the email and i dont get that warning
anymore but still doesnt work ;/

Kiko

Re: rivet configuration

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
Jesus Is Not Dead <vu...@sympatico.ca> writes:

> his

> i just compiled, installed rivet in my apache 1.3.27...  but when i
> access username.domain.com/script.tcl it shows me the source code
> instead of processing it..  i dont get any errors and i completely
> dont know whats wrong... ;/

Let's have a look... it sounds like a handler problem to me.

> heres what i have in apache.conf

> <IfDefine RIVET>
>   <IfModule !mod_rivet.c>
> LoadModule rivet_modulemodules/mod_rivet.so
> RivetServerConf CacheSize 5
> RivetServerConf GlobalInitScript "source /etc/apache/lib/rivet/init.tcl"
> RivetServerConf ChildInitScript ::Rivet::initialize_request
> RivetServerConf ChildExitScript ::Rivet::cleanup_request
> #RivetServerConf BeforeScript #RivetServerConf AfterScript
> RivetServerConf ErrorScript ::Rivet::handle_error
> RivetServerConf SeperateVirtualInterps no
> AddType application/x-httpd-rivet rvt
> AddType application/x-rivet-tcl tcl
> AddHandler x-httpd-rivet rvt
> AddHandler x-rivet-tcl tcl