Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ilya Liubovich <li...@hotmail.com> on 2006/10/25 05:18:33 UTC

question about DWR integration

Hi,
I've asked this on the DWR mailing list, but never got a response.
May you be you can help.
The issue is the following:

I have an extension to requestProcessor which deals with authorizing
requests based on request parameteres. I'd like to do the same to the
requests directed to the DWR servlet.
My thinking was first, map url /dwr* to the ActionServlet, do the required
checks in the
processMapping() of the extension of RequestProcessor, and then forward the
request to the
DWR servlet.

Is this a right approach?
If so, could somebody advice how to do it?
Thanks, Lig

Re: question about DWR integration

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Hi Lig,

I think you would want to do two things... first, abstract out your
authorization code from the RP into a filter... you should be able to
slap this in front of vanilla Struts and get the same effect (perhaps
with a little tweaking, since I'm not familiar with your implementation).

Next, map this filter to ActionServlet, as well as DWRServlet... DWR and
Struts are really two different things (existing integration aside), and
I don't think it would make much sense to run requests through Struts
and then DWR... I can see why you'd think that with the auth code in the
RP, but once its externalized, I think everything becomes quite a bit
cleaner.

Frank

Ilya Liubovich wrote:
> Hi,
> I've asked this on the DWR mailing list, but never got a response.
> May you be you can help.
> The issue is the following:
>
> I have an extension to requestProcessor which deals with authorizing
> requests based on request parameteres. I'd like to do the same to the
> requests directed to the DWR servlet.
> My thinking was first, map url /dwr* to the ActionServlet, do the
> required checks in the
> processMapping() of the extension of RequestProcessor, and then forward
> the request to the
> DWR servlet.
>
> Is this a right approach?
> If so, could somebody advice how to do it?
> Thanks, Lig

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies