Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by John English <je...@brighton.ac.uk> on 2005/07/12 02:23:15 UTC

Deadlocks

During development, I am sometimes doing stupid things that result
in lockups (embedded server, btw). When I find and fix the bugs, the
lockups generally go away... but is there an easier way to find out what
& where a deadlock was caused by, who/where locked the table concerned,
and so on, just to help me debug faster? It's pretty painful just getting
a timeout saying "the table was locked" and then thinking, yeah, I've
done something stupid again, I wonder what it was this time...

Cheers,

  Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
  Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
  University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk

Re: Deadlocks

Posted by Sunitha Kambhampati <ks...@gmail.com>.
Derby has debug flags that prints out the lock table information to
derby.log, and this can help debug lock timeout/deadlock errors.  The
following faq entry talks about how to enable these flags.
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/faq.html#debug_lock_timeout

Hope this helps, but please do post if you have any other questions.

Sunitha.