Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/25 17:46:58 UTC

What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Assume I have a machine on the same network as a hadoop 2 cluster but
separate from it.

My understanding is that by setting certain elements of the config file or
local xml files to point to the cluster I can launch a job without having
to log into the cluster, move my jar to hdfs and start the job from the
cluster's hadoop machine.

Does this work?
What Parameters need I sat?
Where is the jar file?
What issues would I see if the machine is running Windows with cygwin
installed?

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
   config.set("fs.defaultFS", "hdfs://port/");
  config.set("hadoop.job.ugi", "hdfs");

--
*Thanks & Regards *

*Unmesha Sreeveni U.B*
*Hadoop, Bigdata Developer*
*Center for Cyber Security | Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham*
http://www.unmeshasreeveni.blogspot.in/

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.
Yes, if you are running MR

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.
Yes, if you are running MR

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.
Yes, if you are running MR

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.
Yes, if you are running MR

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your answer

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your answer

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your answer

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your answer

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE

Re: What configuration parameters cause a Hadoop 2.x job to run on the cluster

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <ol...@gmail.com>.