Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Yu Watanabe <yu...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/21 03:08:48 UTC

Is Non Committer allowed to make non binding vote ?

Hello.

I just started using kafka and would like to ask basic question about the
voting process.

I'd like to make a non-binding vote for KIP-437 since this is a proposal
that I really want to use in my project, however, I am a "Non Committer".

Is "Non Commiter" allowed to make non binding vote ?

Looking at "Bylaws -Decision Making - Voting" section,
I assumed it was okay to vote but would like to be sure if I am allowed or
not.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Bylaws#space-menu-link-content

> Non-binding votes are still useful for those with binding votes to
understand the perception of an action in the wider Kafka community.

I appreciate if I could get help with my question.

Best Regards,
Yu Watanabe

--
Yu Watanabe
yu.w.tennis@gmail.com

Re: Is Non Committer allowed to make non binding vote ?

Posted by Yu Watanabe <yu...@gmail.com>.
John.

Understood.
Thank you for the reply.

Thanks,
Yu

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 12:12 PM John Roesler <vv...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Yes, anyone is welcome to cast a non-binding vote.
>
> Thanks for participating!
> -John
>
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2019, at 21:08, Yu Watanabe wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I just started using kafka and would like to ask basic question about the
> > voting process.
> >
> > I'd like to make a non-binding vote for KIP-437 since this is a proposal
> > that I really want to use in my project, however, I am a "Non Committer".
> >
> > Is "Non Commiter" allowed to make non binding vote ?
> >
> > Looking at "Bylaws -Decision Making - Voting" section,
> > I assumed it was okay to vote but would like to be sure if I am allowed
> or
> > not.
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Bylaws#space-menu-link-content
> >
> > > Non-binding votes are still useful for those with binding votes to
> > understand the perception of an action in the wider Kafka community.
> >
> > I appreciate if I could get help with my question.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Yu Watanabe
> >
> > --
> > Yu Watanabe
> > yu.w.tennis@gmail.com
> > [image: LinkedIn icon] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuwatanabe1>
> [image:
> > Twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/yuwtennis>

--
Yu Watanabe
Weekend Freelancer who loves to challenge building data platform

Posted by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org>.
Hi!