Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Sai Zhang <sz...@cs.washington.edu> on 2010/05/25 19:11:33 UTC

Generating example data for dataflow program

Hi all:

As indicated in the sigmod'09 paper, there is an "ILLUSTRATE" command
from the Pig Shell to generate
example data for dataflow programs. But I did not find that either in
the tutorial page nor in the pig -help output.

Could anyone give me some hint (or examples) on how to use this command?
Also, I probably may want to
have a look at the source code data generating to full understand the
algorithm, could any one point me out
where relevant source code resident (which packages)?

Thanks very much.

-Sai

Re: Generating example data for dataflow program

Posted by Sai Zhang <sz...@cs.washington.edu>.
Thanks Dmitriy and Aniket:

Probably what I need is to run that in the local mode for data
generation, so the current implementation
should be sufficient (i am not clear which operators are not supported)!

 One more question, I important the whole pig project into eclipse, and
would like to run (debug and trace in)
the data flow algorithm in the development environment (not in the
deployment environment). Is there any
hints on which "main" method should I start, and how to set up the
environment? In other words, could I
just run the code of data generation part instead of launching the whole
pig shell?

thanks

-Sai

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.