Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sunilmanu <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/02 17:47:08 UTC

PropertySelection hangs randomly or no response from Jetty / Tomcat!

Hello Everyone,

We went live with Tapestry 4.0.1 and Jetty 6.1.4 last week. We have an
urgent production issue.

In one of the pages, we have the PropertySelection and when diff. value is
selected, it will update the form with the values corresponding to the newly
selected value. But It hangs randomly. We put in logs, but the App-server
just hangs. No more connections are accepted. We tried it on Tomcat also but
same result, it hangs randomly.

Following is the PropertySelection code :

We have tried it with both Tacos, onchangeevent but that also hangs
randomly.

Jetty we use  'BoundedThreadPool' :
 <New class="org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool">
        <Set name="minThreads">10</Set>
        <Set name="maxThreads">250</Set>
        <Set name="lowThreads">25</Set>
      </New>

I could reproduce it on my local desktop also.

any one had this issue before ? Please guide on proper direction !

thanks,
sunil