Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Brad Moore <br...@hotmail.com> on 2007/11/30 23:28:34 UTC

Connecting to encrypted DB using ODBC

Hi,

I am fairly new to Derby and I am having a problem trying to connect to an encrypted database using ODBC.

I know that to connect to my database and boot it using JDBC I need to include the encryptionAlgorithm and encryptionKey in the URL for the database.  But, for the application I am working on I am stuck using an ODBC connection.  I tried putting encryptionAlgorithm=... and encryptionKey=... in my DBParm, but it is not working.  I just get a very un-useful error message that says "SQL0001N  Binding or precompilation did not complete successfully."

The DBParm I am attempting to use looks like this:
ConnectString='driver={IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER}; dbalias=MYDB; UID=APP; PWD=password;encryptionAlgorithm=AES/CBC/NoPadding;encryptionKey=4342414D436C515663424A2371454022'

If the database is already booted then I can connect to it with the above connectstring.  But if I am trying to do the initial boot up of the database then I get the error mentioned above.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brad

Use fowl language with Chicktionary. Click here to start playing!
http://puzzles.sympatico.msn.ca/chicktionary/index.html?icid=htmlsig