Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Erwan Loisant <er...@loisant.com> on 2023/02/02 08:30:17 UTC

What is the state of Scala wrappers?

Hi,

Back in October, the Flink team announced that the Scala API was to be deprecated them removed. Which I think is perfectly fine, having third party develop Scala wrappers is a good approach.

With the announce I expected those wrapper projects to get steam, however both projects linked in the announcement (https://github.com/findify/flink-adt and https://github.com/ariskk/flink4s) don't seem much maintained, and are stuck on Flink 1.15.

Any team here using Flink with Scala are moving away from the official Scala API? Maybe there is a project that I'm missing that is getting more attentions than the 2 linked aboved?

Thank you!
Erwan

Re: What is the state of Scala wrappers?

Posted by Alexey Novakov via user <us...@flink.apache.org>.
I think this blog article is good enough for the Scala support awareness:
https://flink.apache.org/2022/02/22/scala-free.html
In my opinion, it would be much better if one of the Scala-wrappers
community project moves under umbrella of *org.apache.flink *to have a
chance to survive longer.

Alexey

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi all,