Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by george young <gy...@itasoftware.com> on 2007/06/02 01:31:25 UTC

checkout part of a branch

[svn, version 1.3.2 (r19776), rh-fc3 linux]

I would like to checkout part of a (200000 file) branch so I can use
svnmerge without lugging around our entire repository.  Svnmerge insists
on a top-level working directory.
I tried:
  svn co -N top
  svn co top/A top/A
  svn co top/B top/B,
but svnmerge says 'no copyfrom info available'.  Is there some other
kludge that will get part of a branch checked out?

-- George

Re: checkout part of a branch

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 1, 2007, at 20:31, george young wrote:

> [svn, version 1.3.2 (r19776), rh-fc3 linux]
>
> I would like to checkout part of a (200000 file) branch so I can
> use svnmerge without lugging around our entire repository.
> Svnmerge insists on a top-level working directory. I tried:
>  svn co -N top
>  svn co top/A top/A
>  svn co top/B top/B,
> but svnmerge says 'no copyfrom info available'.  Is there some
> other kludge that will get part of a branch checked out?

The correct way to construct that sparse working copy is:

svn co -N top
svn up top/A top/B

I don't know if that will make svnmerge work for you though.