Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/04 17:34:54 UTC

Remote services with Karaf question.

Hi, I was going to start playing with OSGi R7 with Karaf.

Does Cellar support R7 remote services?  If I was interested in Hazelcast
under the covers, would the be a reason to use any of the other remote
services implementations like ECF along with Cellar or just use the
implementation Cellar provides?

Is there a generally preferred approach to R7 on Karaf?

Thanks for any advice!

Ryan

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
I forgot about the Aries RSA.

Thanks for all the responses, it was helpful!

Ryan

Posted by Tim Ward <ti...@paremus.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Ryan,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, thanks!  I'll give that a try.  I am about ready to try some
distributed deployments that will connect up and hopefully achieve a lot of
the kind of stuff people add envoy and istio type stuff in for (that's much
more complicated stuff I don't want right now)

I'll let you know how it works!

Ryan

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
The enterprise features repo is registered by default in the Karaf
standard distribution.

I didn't know you used your own Karaf distribution.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
Scott,

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
Scott,

Posted by Scott Lewis <sl...@composent.com>.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Lewis <sl...@composent.com>.
Hi Ryan,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI, you have a complete hazelcast feature in Cellar.

Regards
JB

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
It doesn't look like that hazelcast provider is part of the main ecf
feature repo for karaf?  Do we need to manually deploy the feature xml for

Posted by Scott Lewis <sl...@composent.com>.
<stuff deleted>

Posted by Scott Lewis <sl...@composent.com>.
On 8/4/2019 10:34 AM, Ryan Moquin wrote:
> Hi, I was going to start playing with OSGi R7 with Karaf.
>
> Does Cellar support R7 remote services?  If I was interested in
> Hazelcast under the covers, would the be a reason to use any of the
> other remote services implementations like ECF along with Cellar or
> just use the implementation Cellar provides?

I'm not sure if Cellar can use R7 remote services, but if it can then I
think that your desire to use Hazelcast as transport would provde a good
reason to use ECF's R7 Remote Services impl, as ECF does already have a
Hazelcast-based provider [1].