Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/16 17:18:26 UTC

Portlet Preferences

Dear All,

I just listen to Scott's EC presentation of JSR 362 (Portlet 3)

It may be too late on the API level, but even for the RI (Pluto 3) would
you mind
looking at the EDR 2 of JSR 362:
https://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/edr/jsr362/index2.html

Especially Chapter 18 Portlet Preferences.

I sense quite some synergies with configuration efforts along the line of
Tamaya.
Since the RI of Portlet 3 is at Apache again, at least there I guess we
could explore using Tamaya to back it.

On the API level I'm afraid it might be too late, even for say standard
annotations.

Regards,

Werner

Re: Portlet Preferences

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Actually PortletPreferences is not new:
https://portals.apache.org/pluto/portlet-2.0-apidocs/javax/portlet/PortletPreferences.html
It's more the CDI annotations for 3.0,
In any case, I may like to look into backing PortletPreferences by Tamaya,
e.g. allowing to tap into a config service, etc.

Regards,
Werner