Posted to users@camel.apache.org by dlaidlaw <do...@infor.com> on 2007/12/04 06:15:38 UTC

OSGi support in 1.2.0 only for Java 1.6?

Is the OSGi support only for use with Java 1.6? The bundles depend on the
javax.xml.bind and javax.xml.bind.annotation. These are not optional
imports. Or is there a bundle somewhere containing these packages for Java
1.5?

Thanks!
-Don

Re: OSGi support in 1.2.0 only for Java 1.6?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yes indeed.  However, in all the bundles I had to wrap so far, I had to
specify optional packages, or other additional meta-data.  So using already
built ones is even faster than having to look at the generated manifest to
tweak it ;-)

On Dec 5, 2007 12:37 AM, Jason Anderson <xd...@maxexp.com> wrote:

> it's pretty easy to wrap existing jars with bnd -
> http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd (and plugins based off it such as the
> maven bundle plugin)
>

> On Dec 4, 2007 10:33 AM, dlaidlaw <do...@infor.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for all the info. I do not want a full JBI container right now, I
> was
> > just looking for an engine to do a few simple mediations. Camel looked
> like
> > a nice lightweight embeddable component for that.
> >
> > I found the bundles I need to solve the dependencies, so I think I am
> good
> > to go.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > James.Strachan wrote:
> > >
> > > On 04/12/2007, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > There's documentation on the ServiceMix Runtime here...
> > >
> > > http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4/runtime.html
> > >
> > > --
> > > James
> > > -------
> > > http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
> > >
> > > Open Source Integration
> > > http://open.iona.com
> > >

> > --

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: OSGi support in 1.2.0 only for Java 1.6?

Posted by dlaidlaw <do...@infor.com>.

Jason Anderson-3 wrote:

> it's pretty easy to wrap existing jars with bnd -
> http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd (and plugins based off it such as the
> maven bundle plugin

Yeah. I already use bnd. It is a fantastic tool Peter Kriens wrote.

Re: OSGi support in 1.2.0 only for Java 1.6?

Posted by Jason Anderson <xd...@maxexp.com>.

Posted by davsclaus <ci...@yahoo.dk>.

James.Strachan wrote:

> On 04/12/2007, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> FYI ServiceMix 4 Runtime does not include a JBI container.
>> The JBI runtime will come later and will be optional and pluggable.
>
> Agreed. One of the good things that ServiceMix Runtime offers to Camel
> users (other than optional JBI / NMR integration if desired) is being
> able to hot deploy OSGi bundles containing Camel rules. In particular
> it allows you to edit your Spring.xml or edit your Java code and have
> your routing rules auto-reloaded on the fly thanks to ServiceMix
> Runtime's support for hot deployment and 'exploded OSGi bundles'.
>
> --
> James
> -------
> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>
> Open Source Integration
> http://open.iona.com

Damm this is sweet stuff this hot deployment of OSGI bundles - bye bye
hazzling with classloaders in exotic J2EE containers ;)

And it's very promising that servicemix 4 is not so JBI centric. Looking
forward to be able to jump on the ServiceCamel in 2008.

Re: OSGi support in 1.2.0 only for Java 1.6?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

On Dec 4, 2007 7:33 PM, dlaidlaw <do...@infor.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all the info. I do not want a full JBI container right now, I
> was
> just looking for an engine to do a few simple mediations. Camel looked
> like
> a nice lightweight embeddable component for that.
>
> I found the bundles I need to solve the dependencies, so I think I am good
> to go.
>
> Thanks!
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > On 04/12/2007, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > There's documentation on the ServiceMix Runtime here...
> >
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4/runtime.html
> >
> > --
> > James
> > -------
> > http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
> >
> > Open Source Integration
> > http://open.iona.com

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by dlaidlaw <do...@infor.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by dlaidlaw <do...@infor.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

On Dec 4, 2007 6:15 AM, dlaidlaw <do...@infor.com> wrote:

> Is the OSGi support only for use with Java 1.6? The bundles depend on the
> javax.xml.bind and javax.xml.bind.annotation. These are not optional
> imports. Or is there a bundle somewhere containing these packages for Java
> 1.5?
>
> Thanks!
> -Don

Cheers,