Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by sgoto <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/21 19:03:17 UTC

is it possible to write validation functions in different languages (!= javascript) ?

Hey everyone,

     Is it possible to write validation functions in different languages ? I
don't have a problem with javascript, but there are a lot of existing
libraries (eg PGP, ssl, etc) in other languages (C++, java, etc) and I would
like to try to avoid re writing them in javascript. Ideas ?

     thanks, sam

I've only found this in the archives, maybe something changed after it

http://www.mail-archive.com/user@couchdb.apache.org/msg04223.html

--
f u cn rd ths u cn b a gd prgmr !

Re: is it possible to write validation functions in different languages (!= javascript) ?

Posted by sgoto <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 19:03, sgoto <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >     Is it possible to write validation functions in different languages ?
> > don't have a problem with javascript, but there are a lot of existing
> > libraries (eg PGP, ssl, etc) in other languages (C++, java, etc) and I
> would
> > like to try to avoid re writing them in javascript. Ideas ?
>
> Sounds like you should read up on view servers:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/View_server

Very promising! Thanks Dirkjan!

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.