Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Kris Nuttycombe <Kr...@noaa.gov> on 2006/07/24 23:23:13 UTC

Informix support?

Hi, all,

On the "supported databases" page of the documentation, it states that
Informix is a supported database, but whenever I attempt to run the
torque:sql goal to generate a script for schema creation in Informix, I
get the following error in the Velocity logs:

2006-07-24 15:21:30,113 - ResourceManager : found sql/base/Control.vm
with loader
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.ClasspathResourceLoader
2006-07-24 15:21:30,131 - ResourceManager : unable to find resource
'sql/base/informix/table.vm' in any resource loader.
2006-07-24 15:21:30,131 - Method parse threw exception for reference
$generator in template sql/base/Control.vm at  [35,7]

Looking through torque-gen-templates-3.2.jar, there are no templates
that I can find for Informix. So, is Informix supported or not?

Thanks,

Kris

RE: Informix support?

Posted by Greg Monroe <Gr...@DukeCE.com>.
If my memory's not parity ridden, I believe that Torque's
class generation / runtime supports Informix but the
Templates needed to generate SQL, etc were donated and then
removed because no CLA (Apache legal protection doc) was
obtained.  (Plus the fact that no Torque developers have
an Informix server to work with).

This means you should be able to manually create your schema
XML files, skip the SQL generation that part of the default
build target, and use Torque in your application.

Or if you're more open source minded, look at:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TORQUE-46

Which is an MSSQL7 Torque adaptor and contains an example of
all the files that need to be modified to support any DB.
These basically generate all DB type specific SQL statements
(not used in runtime, just in utility functions).  The most
important section is the templates/sql/base area.

I'd suggest deciding what DB is closest to Informix's syntax,
creating the informix subdirectories and copying this DB's
files into it.

Also search the e-mail archives, I think there are some
Informix template examples in there.

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you may not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email, its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.