Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/20 19:29:00 UTC

wsa:MessageID required

I'm testing Axis2 against Microsoft .NET and its sending back a
message that includes a wsa:Action but not a wsa:MessageID. Its using
the
http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing namespace, which dereferences to this spec:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-ws-addr-core-20060509/

In that spec, wsa:MessageID is optional. However, the addressing
module has the following check:

if (mepConstant == WSDLConstants.MEP_CONSTANT_IN_OUT ||
                mepConstant == WSDLConstants.MEP_CONSTANT_IN_OPTIONAL_OUT ||
                mepConstant == WSDLConstants.MEP_CONSTANT_ROBUST_IN_ONLY) {
            String messageId = msgContext.getOptions().getMessageId();
            if (messageId == null || "".equals(messageId)) {
                AddressingFaultsHelper

.triggerMessageAddressingRequiredFault(msgContext, WSA_MESSAGE_ID);
            }
        }

which is happening in my case because the operation is IN-OUT.

Can anyone explain why we are insisting on wsa:MessageID?

Paul
--
Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: wsa:MessageID required

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
Section 3.4.1 -
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-ws-addr-core-20060509/#formreplymsg
David

Re: wsa:MessageID required

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I guess its actually a bug in Sandesha2 :-)

Sorry to have bothered you and thanks for the help.

Re: wsa:MessageID required

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: wsa:MessageID required

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.