Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com> on 2013/02/06 12:38:41 UTC

SDK 4.9 vs SDK 4.x compilation time in IDEA

Hi,

I have made some benchmarks compiling the same project with SDK 4.1 and SDK 4.9 using IDEA (12.0.3).

As you may know, IDEA has a super-fast built-in flex compiler, but unfortunately, it is not (yet?) compatible with SDK 4.9,
so IDEA switches back to compc/mxmlc when SDK 4.9 is selected.

I have filed a ticket on IDEA bug base to ask about that:

http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-100559

In short, compilation time is 2.5 slower with SDK 4.9 with mxmlc/compc than with SDK 4.x with built-in shell.

I know this is not related to SDK 4.9, but mxmlc/compc that is slower than IDEA's built-in compiler shell.
However, do you have any idea why IDEA cannot use its built-in shell with SDK 4.9?
Is it just because it has not been tested yet, or is there a more fundamental reason?

Regards

Maurice

RE: SDK 4.9 vs SDK 4.x compilation time in IDEA

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
I think I got confused by the "Use external build" option, which was probably checked (I don't remember what the default option is with IDEA 12.0.3 ).

Anyway, thank you again for your help.

Maurice

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.
Hi,