Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Rishi N <re...@hotmail.com> on 2000/03/03 05:17:22 UTC

"Session already invalidated" Error during login

hi everyone,

i'm making progress!

here is the latest problem:
the first time i login to the application after starting the webserver, it
builds a drill-down tree and loads it into memory before actually logging me
in. Everytime i try this, the first time, i get the error below on the
broswser screen. the tree is built successfully, which can be verified by
immediately trying the login again. the initial attempt to build the tree
can take between 3 to 5 minutes. Is there some kind of default session
timeout that is taking place in that time? if so, how can i change this
value?

i'm using apache1.3.9 with tomcat 3.1_m2_rc2

TIA,
rishi

--------------
<pre>
javax.servlet.ServletException: setAttribute: Session already invalidated
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:384)
        at
sublogin._0002fsublogin_0002flogin_0002ejsplogin_jsp_0._jspService(_0002fsub_0002flogin_000
2ejsplogin_jsp_0.java:310)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:126)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:171)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:258)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:366)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:390)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:513)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:147)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:334)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Re: "Session already invalidated" Error during login

Posted by Chuck Huber <ch...@atlanta.com>.
Rishi N wrote:

> hi everyone,
>
> i'm making progress!
>
> here is the latest problem:
> the first time i login to the application after starting the webserver, it

> can take between 3 to 5 minutes. Is there some kind of default session
> timeout that is taking place in that time? if so, how can i change this
> value?

Look in the docs for the HttpSession interface.  It has a method "public void setMaxInactiveInterval(int
interval)"  that will do what you want.  Negative values for interval cause the session to never time out.

There's a few other associated methods. It's all in the book.

    - Chuck