Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com> on 2015/07/23 18:57:05 UTC

Slightly mangled web page

https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.2.x/developers-guide/features-maven-plugin.html

This looks wrong under the goal column.

Re: Slightly mangled web page

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.
POM:
https://gist.github.com/bimargulies/0bb22c4d2c1280f71d57

I'm using maven 3.2.5.

What I see in the log is that Maven forks for the bundle plugin:

[DEBUG] --- init fork of
com.basistech.ws:karaf-rest-service:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT for
org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:2.5.4:bundle (default-bundle) ---
[DEBUG] Dependencies (collect): []
[DEBUG] Dependencies (resolve): [compile, runtime, test]

and then runs the features plugin:

[DEBUG] --- init fork of
com.basistech.ws:karaf-rest-service:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT for
org.apache.karaf.tooling:features-maven-plugin:2.4.3:add-features-to-repo
(add-features-to-repo) ---

before actually running the bundle plugin.

I'm inclined to just split this into one project that builds a bundle
and another that incorporates it with its dependencies into Karaf.

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.
By extrapolating from the karaf archetypes, I tried to come up with a
4.0.0 project.

I have a few issues:

1) I have a maven bundle with a set of embedded dependencies. Karaf is
include them in the generated feature.xml. I don't know whether to
blame karaf or the bundle plugin here.

2) I depend on the CXF feature, but I don't get the CXF feature, I get
various CXF bundles.

See https://gist.github.com/bimargulies/89582c7edb30214773b0.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Take a look on aries for blueprint. I will fix this page in the mean time.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Slightly mangled web page

Posted by Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Please refer to http://aries.apache.org/modules/blueprint.html

Regards,
Morgan

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
By the way, you can also take a look on OSGi Blueprint Specification and
IBM resources.

Regards
JB

--