Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de> on 2004/03/02 13:26:40 UTC

Re: advanced formatting (Help [Woody] Decimal Format incorrect from binding)

On Mar 1, 2004, at 7:53 PM, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> Anyhow, if you want a digit to show up, you should use 0, such as:
>
> <wd:pattern>#########.00</wd:pattern>
>
> See also here for more information on the patterns:
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/text/DecimalFormat.html

It just would be too cool, if wd:convertor gave you means to control
formatting as described for DecimalFormat. I gave up trying to find
something equivalent to

<i18n:number type="currency" currency="de_DE" fraction-digits="0"
src-locale="en_US">${priceEUR}</i18n:number>

that displays my decimal
                          o  localized
                          o  in an explicitly defined currency
                          o  omitting digits behind decimal piont (cents)

if there is a way to do this, please tell me.

thanks
/leo

Re: advanced formatting (Help [Woody] Decimal Format incorrect from binding)

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 13:26, leo leonid wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2004, at 7:53 PM, Bruno Dumon wrote:
> >

> > Anyhow, if you want a digit to show up, you should use 0, such as:
> >
> > <wd:pattern>#########.00</wd:pattern>
> >
> > See also here for more information on the patterns:
> > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/text/DecimalFormat.html
> >

> It just would be too cool, if wd:convertor gave you means to control
> formatting as described for DecimalFormat. I gave up trying to find
> something equivalent to
>
> <i18n:number type="currency" currency="de_DE" fraction-digits="0"
> src-locale="en_US">${priceEUR}</i18n:number>
>
> that displays my decimal
>                           o  localized
>                           o  in an explicitly defined currency
>                           o  omitting digits behind decimal piont (cents)
>
> if there is a way to do this, please tell me.

point 1 and 3 should already be possible I think, point 2 could be
added. You could submit a patch or enhancement request to bugzilla for
this.