Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by elisabeth benoit <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/21 09:23:10 UTC

filter query parameter not working as expected

Hello,

There is something I don't quite get with fq parameter.

I have this query

select?&q=VINCI Park&fq=WAY_ANALYZED:de l hotel de ville AND
(TOWN_ANALYZED:paris OR DEPARTEMENT_ANALYZED:paris)&rows=200&fl=*,score

and two answers. One having WAY_ANALYZED = 48 r de l'hôtel de ville, which
is ok

and the other called Vinci Park but having WAY_ANALYZED = 143 r lecourbe.

Is there something I didn't understand about fq parameter?

I'm using Solr 3.2.

Thanks,
Elisabeth Benoit

Re: filter query parameter not working as expected

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Not that I know of, although it does give you the parsed fq results, which
you could then use as query parameters (i.e. the 'q' parameter) for debugging...

You have to use parens or fully qualify each term
(e.g. WAY_ANALYZED:rue WAY_ANALYZED:de....), that's just how the
query parsing works...

Best
Erick

Posted by elisabeth benoit <el...@gmail.com>.