Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Purshotam Shah <pu...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> on 2015/06/02 02:24:11 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Oozie 4.2.0 (candidate 0)

>In BundleStatusTransitService.java method updateJobStatus, shouldn't we set the lastModifiedTime >for the job as well?Purshatom, can you comment on my second point since you created the file?
Yes, it should. Created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-2257 to track this.
I don't think it's a blocker for 4.2. We are running Oozie with modified StatusTransitService in our prod for more than 6 months. No issue.

Posted by Shwetha Shivalingamurthy <ss...@hortonworks.com>.
"hadoop fs -put share share” works, I had fixed it as part of OOZIE-1789. Moreover, even the doc is also fixed by Ryota as part of OOZIE-1808 and is part of 4.2 release.

So, I am going ahead with publishing the release artifacts.

Thanks everyone.

Regards,
Shwetha

From: bowen zhang <bo...@yahoo.com>>
Date: Thursday, 4 June 2015 12:03 am
To: Shwetha Shivalingamurthy <ss...@hortonworks.com>>, Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>>
Cc: "dev@oozie.apache.org<ma...@oozie.apache.org>" <de...@oozie.apache.org>>, Purshotam Shah <pu...@yahoo-inc.com>>

I just want to confirm that "hadoop fs -put share share" still works right after we fixed the backward imcompatibility issue.If true, let's move it to the next release.

________________________________

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 9:20 AM, bowen zhang <bowenzhangusa@yahoo.com.invalid

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 9:56 AM, bowen zhang <bowenzhangusa@yahoo.com.invalid

Posted by bowen zhang <bo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Purshotam Shah <pu...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
lastModifiedTime is only used if job is in terminal state, otherwise new date() is used.Issue will happen only when StatusTransitService change job status to terminal. In that case Oozie will use  lastModifiedTime prior to StatusTransitService to fetch logs  and most probably user will only miss StatusTransitService logs.  StatusTransitService logs was never available to user before StatusTransitService redesign.So, I guess user may not be missing much. User can still use "end" filter to override log scan end time.
I have already put a patch and will fix in trunk.

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
Bowen,

Posted by bowen zhang <bo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Shwetha Shivalingamurthy <ss...@hortonworks.com>.