Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andrew Myers <ab...@netscape.net> on 2002/07/01 04:33:30 UTC

How to handle long waits...

Hi all,

One of my struts actions will call a process which generates and returns
a PDF.  Depending on the size of this document there can be quite a
lengthy delay while this occurs.   I'd like to display a message to the
user saying "Generating PDF, please wait" until the document is returned
however I'm not quite sure what the best approach to this is.  I have
seen in the archives an idea which involves using the <META
HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0"/> tag however I expect this might cause
a timeout to occur if the process takes to long?  Any suggestions on how
to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew.