Posted to wsif-user@ws.apache.org by Ofer Baranes <of...@bitband.com> on 2005/03/03 16:14:08 UTC

method overloading problem

I have 3 methods with same name but with different argument list.

When trying to invoke any of these methods,i get an exception saying :

org.apache.wsif.WSIFException: Method XXX was not found in portType  YYY

The method for sure appear in the interface,in the wsdl,and

as far as I checked (via debug on WSIFClientProxy),it did appear

on wsif classes as well.

What can lead to this situation ? what kind of failure can cause this
error ?

ofer

Re: method overloading problem

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Ofer Baranes wrote:

> I have 3 methods with same name but with different argument list.
>

> When trying to invoke any of these methods,i get an exception saying :
>

> org.apache.wsif.WSIFException: Method XXX was not found in portType  YYY
>

> The method for sure appear in the interface,in the wsdl,and
>
> as far as I checked (via debug on WSIFClientProxy),it did appear
>
> on wsif classes as well.
>

> What can lead to this situation ? what kind of failure can cause this
> error ?

hi,

supporting for overloaded methods in WSDL 1.1 tricky and in general not
recommended.

i think WS-I BP recommendation for WSDL 1.1  prohibited them all
together and in new WSDL 2.0 they are not allowed (AFAIK).

alek