Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Balaji Saranathan <ba...@wipro.com> on 2005/07/27 17:17:26 UTC

MYFaces and frames

Hi,

I'm trying to create a prototype of Frames and MyFaces. My index.jsp
looks like the below. At present my header.jsp and navtree.jsp do not
have anything other than a out.println under <f:view> tag. Whenever I
access the application, I get this error.

Is there any best practices to work with frames? How is the page
rendered. Should each jsp file under each frame should be included in
<f:subview> instead of <f:view>.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:373)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:245)
root cause
java.lang.NullPointerException

javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.setupResponseWriter(UIComponentTag.jav
a:646)

javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doStartTag(UIComponentTag.java:254)

org.apache.myfaces.taglib.core.ViewTag.doStartTag(ViewTag.java:90)

org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspx_meth_f_view_0(org.apache.jsp.index_jsp:80
)

org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.index_jsp:56)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:99)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:325)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:245)

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f" %>

<f:view>
<frameset rows="46,*" frameborder="yes" framespacing="0" border="2">
    <frame src="header.jsf"  name="header" scrolling="no"
noresize="noresize"/>
    <frameset cols="20%,80%" border="2" frameborder="no"
framespacing="2" >
	<frame src="navtree.jsf" name="navigation" frameborder="no"/>
	<frameset rows="90%,22" frameborder="no" framespacing="0">

	</frameset>
    </frameset>
</frameset>
</f:view>

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

Re: MYFaces and frames

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
As for intermingling text and JSF tags - JSF 1.2. is also going to fix that,
so you'll be happy even staying with JSP.

regards,

Martin

Re: MYFaces and frames

Posted by Maksimenko Alexander <ma...@bird.cris.net>.

Backing Bean Question - Please Help

Posted by Jay Kaul <Ja...@notes.ntrs.com>.
We have created  a parent JSP page which references a Backing Bean (in
session scope). The reason is the parent maintains a list of children and
needs to keep track of changes on the child pages. The child pages(in
tabbed-panes) refer to a Common-Child Backing Bean(again in session
scope).

The problem is as follows:

1) The child pages as mentioned are sharing the Backing Bean. Is there a
way for each child page to Invoke a new Instance of the Backing Bean, so
that if the child pages share same properties, they could have different
values.
2) If the two child pages are similar (same JSP's) but different
instances(included twice in the parent). The Backing Bean just replicates
the data in both JSP's. Is there a way to say, Yes we are creating a child
which the EL already knows about, but this time it is a Different Instance
of the Same Backing Bean.

I am not sure if MyFaces or RI supports Multiple Instances of Backing
Beans.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Jay Kaul

RE: MYFaces and frames

Re: MYFaces and frames

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well,

Re: MYFaces and frames

Posted by "joerg@artaker.at" <jo...@artaker.at>.

RE: MYFaces and frames

Posted by Mariano Petrakovsky <mp...@tecnonexo.com>.
MYFaces and framesMake this...

in your index.jsp put only the frameset

<frameset rows="46,*" frameborder="yes" framespacing="0" border="2">
    <frame src="header.jsf"  name="header" scrolling="no"
noresize="noresize"/>
    <frameset cols="20%,80%" border="2" frameborder="no" framespacing="2" >
        <frame src="navtree.jsf" name="navigation" frameborder="no"/>
        <frameset rows="90%,22" frameborder="no" framespacing="0">
        </frameset>
    </frameset>
</frameset>

without the jsf tags.

Then... into the header, navtree and other frames... put the f:view, one for
each file...
example:

---- header.jsp ---

<f:view>

</f:view>

---- navTree.jsp ---

<f:view>

</f:view>
--
Mariano G. Petrakovsky
Programmer . Software Factory

Development facilities:Av. Maipu 1252 8o (C1006ACT) . Buenos Aires .
Argentina.
Tel.: (54-11) 4878-0005 - Fax: (54-11) 4878-0065.

Headquarters: 1604 Spring Hill Road, Suite 160 Vienna . VA 22182 . USA.
Tel.: (202) 986-7541 - Fax: (202) 787-3891.

. . . .