Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/09/07 18:48:30 UTC

Forrest and Lucene

Hi:

What is the current status of Lucene? If it works would be nice to
integrate it into forrest.

Since forrest is oriented to writing docs. I think a search engine is
welcome to allow users search into the docs.

Of course we can create a switch to include lucene into the generated
webapp or not.

What you think?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

RE: Forrest and Lucene

Posted by Ramon Prades <rp...@porcelanosa.com>.
Hi

The bug was fixed in the last patch I sent, but there is some work to do
before it's finished. The status now is as follows:

Lucene is working, but as it is indexing the filesystem some URLs (FAQ, TODO
and CHANGES) are not searched. Jeff Turner suggested to use cocoon xml
views, but I haven't had time to do it.

Skins other than forrest-skin need to include the Lucene search box.

And finally, the search only works when the site is run from an app server
(i.e. tomcat). I need to write an applet or something like that ro run the
search from the static site.

I hope I'll have some free time next week to have a look at this, (unless
somebody else does it first ;) .

Reagrds.

Ramon

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.