Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "Robert r. Sanders" <ro...@ipov.net> on 2005/03/13 04:08:44 UTC

Shutting down the server programatically fails.

I want to try and get some confirmation on if I am doing this correctly,
or if this is a known issue, etc...

I am attempting to programatically start the directory server, run some
JNDI tests, then stop the server.  Everything seems to work fine in
JUnit, but if I use a simple main() method to do some quick checks the
server does not shutdown code is basically:

    } finally {
        Hashtable closeEnv = new Hashtable(env);
        closeEnv.put(EnvKeys.SHUTDOWN , "");
        new InitialDirContext( closeEnv );
        //System.exit(0);
    }

While it is not really a major issue for me; I thought I'd check on it.
I seems to me that the reflection based calls from JUnit are probably
allowing the server thread(s) to be marked for CG, while the main() call
doesn't.

--
    Robert r. Sanders
    Chief Technologist