Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "R. Tan" <ta...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/12 18:42:16 UTC

Letters with accent in query

Hi,
I'm querying with an accented keyword such as "café" but the debug info
shows that it is only searching for "caf". I'm using the ISOLatin1Accent
filter as well.

Query:
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=%E9&debugQuery=true

Params return shows this:
<lst name="params">
<str name="q"/>
<str name="debugQuery">true</str>
</lst>

What am I missing here?

Rih

Re: Letters with accent in query

Posted by "R. Tan" <ta...@gmail.com>.
Correct. Apparently, Firefox is the only browser that translate it é to
%E9.

Posted by Michael <so...@gmail.com>.
What tokenizer and filters are you using in what order?  See schema.xml.

Also, you may wish to use ASCIIFoldingFilter, which covers more cases
than ISOLatin1AccentFilter.

Michael