Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@hortonworks.com> on 2018/08/04 06:33:05 UTC

Ratis Podling report for August.

Dear all,
   I have updated the podling report for Ratis for the month of August at

https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2018

The text is pasted below

BEGIN=====================================

Ratis

Ratis is a java implementation for RAFT consensus protocol

Ratis has been incubating since 2017-01-03.

  1. Work towards a GA release.
  2. Establish a release cadence.
  3. More committers, PPMC members.

aware of?

None

7 new contributors have been added. Total 50 contributors currently.
2 new committers have been added. Total 20 committers currently.

Ratis-0.2.0 release was made available on 15-July-2018.
18 new commits.
Apache HBase community members have shown interest in using Ratis for WAL.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  [X] Initial setup : Mostly done, some improvements to pre-commit, nightly processes needed.
  [ ] Working towards first release : 0.2.0 release done recently, planning started for a GA release.
  [ ] Community building : New contributors and committers are being added. More users are showing interest.
  [ ] Nearing graduation : GA release, and community diversity are needed.
  [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

  2018-07-15

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

  2018-07-18

Re: Ratis Podling report for August.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Nice write-up! Glad to see us HBase-er's got a call-out ;)