Posted to builds@apache.org by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org> on 2018/08/30 06:38:53 UTC

Re: Mac buildbot available?

I do not know. Looping in the builds mailing List to the OpenOffice dev mailing list discussion.

If the server do not have the graphical libraries, is it possible to install a VM on Top of the Apple server?
App allows that MacOS runs in a VM a long as Apple Hardware is used.

Thanks!

Re: Lazy consensus on adoption of corrected Apache OpenOffice logo file

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Peter,

Am 31.08.2018 um 16:17 schrieb Peter kovacs:
> Hi all,
>
> I agree that the "TM" displacement should be fixed. However I do not see that we have to change something to the design.
> So is it possible to change the original with something that would enhance the situation without changing other attributes?

This is exactly what I suggested?

Regards,
   Matthias

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 02.09.2018 um 11:00 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>> On September 2, 2018 at 9:36 AM Matthias Seidel <matthias.seidel@hamburg.de mailto:matthias.seidel@hamburg.de > wrote:
>>
>>      >> My suggestion would rather be to "fix" the existing graphic by only
>>      >> converting the TM to paths.
>>      >

>>          > > +1 for fixing the original one, instead of creating just a new graphic.
>>>
>>>      >     I just uploaded a "fixed" version. The only change is that the TM, which
>>      was in fact a text object (Source Sans Pro Light) is now converted to
>>      paths. This version should now display correct for everyone.
>>
>>      http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branding/AOO4/Apache_OpenOffice_Logo_ChrisR_selected_2013-06_plain_fixed_TM.svg
>>
>>      I had Source Sans Pro installed for some time, so I didn't see a
>>      difference... ;-)
>
> Aha! Now I see what you meant by whitespace :) I think it is not that useful but I agree that this follows the original author's proposal more closely.
>
> So let's start again the 72h Lazy Consensus period based on this fixed image.
>
> If there are no objections to this file, it will be used as the official vector file
>

>  From my end (for what it's worth) +1 on this file

OK, as lazy consensus is asked for no need to add my +1, too.

Arrgh, to late. :-P

Marcus

Re: Lazy consensus on adoption of corrected Apache OpenOffice logo file

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
Hi Matthias, all

> On September 2, 2018 at 9:36 AM Matthias Seidel <matthias.seidel@hamburg.de mailto:matthias.seidel@hamburg.de > wrote:
>
>     >> My suggestion would rather be to "fix" the existing graphic by only
>     >> converting the TM to paths.
>     >

>         > > +1 for fixing the original one, instead of creating just a new graphic.
> >
> >     >     I just uploaded a "fixed" version. The only change is that the TM, which
>     was in fact a text object (Source Sans Pro Light) is now converted to
>     paths. This version should now display correct for everyone.
>
>     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branding/AOO4/Apache_OpenOffice_Logo_ChrisR_selected_2013-06_plain_fixed_TM.svg
>
>     I had Source Sans Pro installed for some time, so I didn't see a
>     difference... ;-)

Aha! Now I see what you meant by whitespace :) I think it is not that useful but I agree that this follows the original author's proposal more closely.

So let's start again the 72h Lazy Consensus period based on this fixed image.

If there are no objections to this file, it will be used as the official vector file

From my end (for what it's worth) +1 on this file

Regards,

Pedro

Re: Lazy consensus on adoption of corrected Apache OpenOffice logo file

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi all,

Am 02.09.2018 um 10:48 schrieb Marcus:

>>> +1 for fixing the original one, instead of creating just a new graphic.
>>
>> I just uploaded a "fixed" version. The only change is that the TM, which
>> was in fact a text object (Source Sans Pro Light) is now converted to
>> paths. This version should now display correct for everyone.
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branding/AOO4/Apache_OpenOffice_Logo_ChrisR_selected_2013-06_plain_fixed_TM.svg
>>

>> I had Source Sans Pro installed for some time, so I didn't see a
>> difference... ;-)
>
> thanks for the quick fix.
>
> The graphic is displayed, all text is readable, scaling/zooming is
> great. So, when there is no other problem let's use this graphic a
> offical one. Of course a better file name should be used to make it
> more clear.

I just uploaded a fixed SVG of our logo with version number:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branding/AOO4/Apache_OpenOffice_Logo_ChrisR_selected_2013-06_with_4_fixed_TM.svg

Rename it as you like! ;-)

Matthias

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Marcus,

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Pedro,

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
Hi Dave, all

Re: Proposal for adoption of corrected Apache OpenOffice logo file

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
You can ask for Lazy Consensus on this and give 72 hours for anyone to object.

I’m +1 for pure shapes and no text. Maybe comment inline each glyph.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Mac buildbot available?

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ip...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Apologies for giving false hope here, but that page is years out of date, I
will update it shortly, but to
confirm, we do not have any macs at the ASF.

Gav...

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 4:39 PM Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> I do not know. Looping in the builds mailing List to the OpenOffice dev
> mailing list discussion.
>
> If the server do not have the graphical libraries, is it possible to
> install a VM on Top of the Apple server?
> App allows that MacOS runs in a VM a long as Apple Hardware is used.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Am 30. August 2018 03:40:30 MESZ schrieb Damjan Jovanovic <
> damjan@apache.org>:
> >Hopefully. Does Xserve provide the graphical libraries (Aqua, Quartz,
> >etc.)? Weren't XServes discontinued years ago?
> >

> >On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 10:47 PM Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I just read following on https://ci.apache.org/buildbot.html
> >>
> >> *NEW* - OSX Apple XServe Slave
> >>
> >> This sounds cool!
> >> Would this help us?
> >>
> >> All the best
> >> Peter

Gav...

Re: Mac buildbot available?

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ip...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Apologies for giving false hope here, but that page is years out of date, I
will update it shortly, but to
confirm, we do not have any macs at the ASF.

Gav...

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 4:39 PM Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> I do not know. Looping in the builds mailing List to the OpenOffice dev
> mailing list discussion.
>
> If the server do not have the graphical libraries, is it possible to
> install a VM on Top of the Apple server?
> App allows that MacOS runs in a VM a long as Apple Hardware is used.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Am 30. August 2018 03:40:30 MESZ schrieb Damjan Jovanovic <
> damjan@apache.org>:
> >Hopefully. Does Xserve provide the graphical libraries (Aqua, Quartz,
> >etc.)? Weren't XServes discontinued years ago?
> >

> >On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 10:47 PM Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I just read following on https://ci.apache.org/buildbot.html
> >>
> >> *NEW* - OSX Apple XServe Slave