Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Diedler <ad...@tecracer.de> on 2011/05/05 10:53:46 UTC

HowTo place Manager-App

Hello,

What´s the best place to make access to the manager-app?

1.       Place a separate context for Manager in the Host-Tag in the
server.xml

2.       Place the manager.xml in the /conf/Catalina/[Hostname]/ path?

Best regards

Alexander

Re: AW: HowTo place Manager-App

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 09/05/2011 12:21, Alexander Diedler wrote:
> Hello,
> Ok, so I have to place the context.xml in the conf-Base. But how I can use
> Valves, like Remote Adress filter to grant access to the Manager app only
> from localhost, 127.0.0.1 and IPs inside from corporate network?

As per the docs, Valves can be nested inside Context elements.

Mark

AW: HowTo place Manager-App

Posted by Thomas Freitag <th...@freit.ag>.