Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com> on 2011/11/18 07:28:00 UTC

OOZIE-565 patch, using 0.23 JARs

An update on this,

With OOZIE-565 patch Oozie compiles successfully with Hadoop 0.20,
0.20S and 0.23/0.24.

The JARs of Hadoop 0.23/trunk are those generated by the HEADs of both
branch-0.23 and trunk plus the not-yet-committed patch HADOOP-7590
(streaming JAR).

Note that the HEADs of branch-0.23 & trunk have MAPREDUCE-3169
committed which adds a facade to MiniMRCluster. This enables compiling
and running existing Oozie testcases without any code changes.

Except the Oozie ActionExecutor MR pipes testcases and Hadoop
unrelated testcases that are failing independent of this patch, all
testcases pass using Hadoop 0.23/trunk.

This means we are in a good shape from the Oozie build/testing perspective.

Still MAPREDUCE-3380 is a blocker for Oozie to work properly with 0.23/trunk

I want to work on the exclusions needed for 0.23/trunk, but after that
OOZIE-565 patch would be in good shape to be committed and help us get
Oozie working properly with Hadoop 0.23/trunk.

I'll be uploading an updated patch with exclusions for 0.23/trunk
tomorrow morning. It would be great to have a quick review and +1 if
everything is OK.

Thanks.

Alejandro