Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Gengliang Wang <lt...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/10 08:11:58 UTC

Spark 3.2.0 first RC next week

Hi all,

As of now, there are still some open/in-progress blockers for Spark 3.2.0
release:

   - Prohibit update mode in native support of session window (SPARK-36463
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-36463>)
   - Avoid inlining non-deterministic With-CTEs(SPARK-36447
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-36447>)
   - Data Source V2: Remove read specific distributions(SPARK-33807
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-33807>)
   - Support fetching shuffle blocks in batch with i/o encryption(
   SPARK-34827 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-34827>)
   - Add a new Maven profile "no-shaded-client" for older Hadoop 3.x
   versions(SPARK-35959 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-35959>)
   - Review and fix issues in API docs(SPARK-34185
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-34185>)
   - Introduce the RocksDBStateStoreProvider in the programming guide(
   SPARK-36041 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-36041>)
   - Push-based shuffle documentation(SPARK-36374
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-36374>)

Thus, I propose to cut RC1 next week after all the blockers are resolved.
If there are any other blockers, please reply to this email.

Thanks
Gengliang

Re: Spark 3.2.0 first RC next week

Posted by Gengliang Wang <lt...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your information, Sean and Min!

Posted by Min Shen <ms...@apache.org>.
Hi Gengliang,