Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/09 13:55:26 UTC

Change the settings in AppVeyor to prevent triggering the tests in other PRs in other branches

Hi all,

Currently, it seems the settings in AppVeyor is default and runs some tests
on different branches. For example,

https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/15023

https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/15022

It seems it happens only in other branches as they don’t have appveyor.yml
and try to refer the configuration in the web (although I have to test
this).

I’d be great if any of auhorized one sets the branch to test to master
brunch only as described in

https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/dev/appveyor-guide.md#specifying-the-branch-for-building-and-setting-the-build-schedule

I just manually tested this. With the setting, it would not trigger the
test for another branch, for example,
https://github.com/spark-test/spark/pull/5

Currently, with the default settings, it will run the tests on another
branch, for example, https://github.com/spark-test/spark/pull/4

Thanks.

​

Re: Change the settings in AppVeyor to prevent triggering the tests in other PRs in other branches

Posted by Shivaram Venkataraman <sh...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
The infra ticket has been updated so I'd say let's stick to running tests
on master branch. We can of course create JIRAs for tests that fail in
branch 2.0 and 1.6

Shivaram

Posted by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com>.