Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arash Amiri <ar...@researchstudio.at> on 2007/08/06 17:27:02 UTC

maven-bundle plugin and felix-308

Hi, I have some questions considering the felix-308 issue.

right now, when you add dependencies to your maven-bundle-plugin, you
have to add transitive dependencies by hand, right?

so if I want to use the commons-httpclient in my bundle, I have to add
also log4j.
If I add log4, javax.jms and org.apache.log.* become missing contraints,
which I have to add by hand again, and so on and so forth (so far I
couldnt get my example with httpclient running...)

as far as I read (somewhere in the web) the maven-osgi-plugin did that
somehow better than the maven-bundle-plugin considering these transitive
dependencies, right?

Is the issue Felix-308 taking care of these transitive dependencies
(just like maven can handle these dependencies when compiling a "normal"
project)?

greetings,
arash

Re: maven-bundle plugin and felix-308

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
that plugin is developed in the Felix project, you'll have better luck
asking in the felix mailing lists

On 8/6/07, Arash Amiri <ar...@researchstudio.at> wrote:
> Hi, I have some questions considering the felix-308 issue.
>
> right now, when you add dependencies to your maven-bundle-plugin, you
> have to add transitive dependencies by hand, right?
>
> so if I want to use the commons-httpclient in my bundle, I have to add
> also log4j.
> If I add log4, javax.jms and org.apache.log.* become missing contraints,
> which I have to add by hand again, and so on and so forth (so far I
> couldnt get my example with httpclient running...)
>
> as far as I read (somewhere in the web) the maven-osgi-plugin did that
> somehow better than the maven-bundle-plugin considering these transitive
> dependencies, right?
>
> Is the issue Felix-308 taking care of these transitive dependencies
> (just like maven can handle these dependencies when compiling a "normal"
> project)?
>
> greetings,
> arash

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

Re: maven-bundle plugin and felix-308

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
On 06/08/07, Arash Amiri <ar...@researchstudio.at> wrote:
> Hi, I have some questions considering the felix-308 issue.
>
> right now, when you add dependencies to your maven-bundle-plugin, you
> have to add transitive dependencies by hand, right?
>
> so if I want to use the commons-httpclient in my bundle, I have to add
> also log4j.
> If I add log4, javax.jms and org.apache.log.* become missing contraints,
> which I have to add by hand again, and so on and so forth (so far I
> couldnt get my example with httpclient running...)
>
> as far as I read (somewhere in the web) the maven-osgi-plugin did that
> somehow better than the maven-bundle-plugin considering these transitive
> dependencies, right?
>
> Is the issue Felix-308 taking care of these transitive dependencies
> (just like maven can handle these dependencies when compiling a "normal"
> project)?

yes, it will handle transitive dependencies - for more details read:

    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-308

the current patch is ready for testing, any feedback is welcome.

> greetings,
> arash

Cheers, Stuart