Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Grobe, Gary" <Ga...@bmc.com> on 2001/02/01 22:01:08 UTC

insert code into html pages ... filters in Tomcat4, 2.3 servlets

I have tomcat 4.0 (uses 2.3 servlets) up and running.
I'd like to insert code into the body of html pages that I've requested
(must insert code into an existing page, not write the page from a servlet).

Q1 - Can someone point me to some 2.3 servlet examples, or an API reference,
tutorials, etc... (I only saw the spec sheet on sun's site). Something more
that the ex. filters in tomcat. 2.3, not 2.2!

Q2 - Would I have to change the html extension to jsp in order to get tomcat
to activate the servlet filter? (Or somehow configure Apache to send all
pages to Tomcat)?

Q3 - Can I somehow map a url-pattern that would invoke all html files to run
through tomcat4's servlets?

Adv(Thnxs)ance