Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org> on 2003/01/23 08:40:05 UTC

0.3 release?

Hi,

There have been lots of small changes since 0.2.1.  Some of the bigger
ones:

 - Decent #fragment-identifiers
 - krysalis-site skin added, which seems quite popular
 - skin commonalities factored out into skins/common/*.  Makes writing
   new skins easier.
 - site.xml replacement for book.xml, site:, ext: links etc
 - src/documentation/content/{* - xdocs} copied across, allowing
   inclusion of static HTML (javadocs, etc).
 - forrestbot fixed up (can't remember if this was after 0.2..)
 - RSS changes.xml

http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites//xml-forrest/changes.html

What ought to happen before we release 0.3?

http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites//xml-forrest/forrest-issues.html

I would like to get the HTML fixed up
http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira//ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-25

and I suspect the copying of non-xdoc contents isn't 100% because
krysalis-site sites still don't have rounded tabs.

--Jeff

Re: 0.3 release?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

[...]
> I think that it's time for a release, but I have a couple of things I
> still have to commit.
>
>  1. usage of .cwiki sources in wiki format

done

>  2. pngs made from svgs

done

>  3. advancement in the edit/ section

Commited my working copy. Broken as before, still working on it.

+1 to make a release after resolving the issue about making copy-over
work and not crawl anymore by default. This means that copy-over is a
dead-end WRT links to xdocs, but that's IMHO the usual usage pattern
anyway. The html conformance should be easy to fix too.

Apart from that, I don't see other things that could make us hold back 0.3

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: 0.3 release?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There have been lots of small changes since 0.2.1.  Some of the bigger
> ones:
>
>  - Decent #fragment-identifiers
>  - krysalis-site skin added, which seems quite popular
>  - skin commonalities factored out into skins/common/*.  Makes writing
>    new skins easier.
>  - site.xml replacement for book.xml, site:, ext: links etc
>  - src/documentation/content/{* - xdocs} copied across, allowing
>    inclusion of static HTML (javadocs, etc).
>  - forrestbot fixed up (can't remember if this was after 0.2..)
>  - RSS changes.xml
>
> http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites//xml-forrest/changes.html

I think too it's time for a release.

> What ought to happen before we release 0.3?
>
> http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites//xml-forrest/forrest-issues.html
>
> I would like to get the HTML fixed up
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira//ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-25

Yes.

> and I suspect the copying of non-xdoc contents isn't 100% because
> krysalis-site sites still don't have rounded tabs.

Yes too. Also, you should remove IMHO the html generation with jtidy in
the verbatim docs, because since we copy them all across, it doesn't
make sense anymore.

I think that it's time for a release, but I have a couple of things I
still have to commit.

  1. usage of .cwiki sources in wiki format
  2. pngs made from svgs
  3. advancement in the edit/ section

(1) and (2) work ok, and I am particularly interested in seeing what
people think of (1). (3) is better but still needs fixes, but it was
broken before anyway, so it won't really make much difference.

Shall I commit?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -