Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/03/15 05:03:26 UTC

Which wagon-ssh version fixed the permission problem when deploying?

... or is this problem still unfixed?

I still see that some folks `mvn deploy` and end up with files which
are not g+w, even though they have in settings.xml for each server:

     <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
     <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>

Looks like wagon-ssh 1.0-beta-1 and 1.0-beta-2 both have this problem.

The only fix that I have found is to make sure that `umask 2` is set
in the appropriate shell configuration file so that non-interactive
shells pick this up... else `mvn deploy` will end up making files
which are not g+w.

This has been going on for a long time now... has this been fixed yet
and we are just not using the right wagon bits?  Or is this yet to be
fixed... and if so can someone please point me at the JIRA.

Thanks,

--jason

Re: Which wagon-ssh version fixed the permission problem when deploying?

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
Do the octals need to be prefixed with 0? Does that change anything?

Eric

On 3/14/07, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:

> ... or is this problem still unfixed?
>
> I still see that some folks `mvn deploy` and end up with files which
> are not g+w, even though they have in settings.xml for each server:
>
>      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
>      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
>
> Looks like wagon-ssh 1.0-beta-1 and 1.0-beta-2 both have this problem.
>
> The only fix that I have found is to make sure that `umask 2` is set
> in the appropriate shell configuration file so that non-interactive
> shells pick this up... else `mvn deploy` will end up making files
> which are not g+w.
>
> This has been going on for a long time now... has this been fixed yet
> and we are just not using the right wagon bits?  Or is this yet to be
> fixed... and if so can someone please point me at the JIRA.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --jason

Eric Redmond
http://codehaus.org/~eredmond