Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2006/10/25 14:38:39 UTC

[TC6] Double AJP connector implementation

Hi,

Beyond the fact that org.apache.jk.* provides a generator for
the mod_jk.conf, is there any reason to have that connector
in parallel with org.apache.coyote.ajp.*

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: [TC6] Double AJP connector implementation

Posted by Jean-frederic Clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
Mladen Turk wrote:

> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>>
>>> I don't have any preference either way, since we are pretty few
>>> active folks at the moment, the less code is usually better
>>

>> My plan was not to do that (org.apache.jk is not that huge) and keep
>> people happy.
>>

> Nevertheless, the Apache/IIS Config will need some rewrite anyhow.
> I suppose if we came up with the alternate solution for
> the Config generator, the org.apache.jk can be marked as dormant.
>
> Anyhow, I would like we have the org.apache.coyote.ajp as default
> AJP connector, both for APR and JIO. It would give more stability
> to both of them thought.

That won't be bad... I am always testing org.apache.jk instead
org.apache.coyote.ajp ;-)

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> I don't have any preference either way, since we are pretty few active
> folks at the moment, the less code is usually better

My plan was not to do that (org.apache.jk is not that huge) and keep
people happy.

Rémy

Re: [TC6] Double AJP connector implementation

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
I don't have any preference either way, since we are pretty few active
folks at the moment, the less code is usually better

Filip