Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by vnalla <v_...@hotmail.com> on 2016/09/01 22:00:29 UTC

TomEE 7.0.1 EJB TimerService does not trigger correctly

Hi,

I am testing javaee7 ejb timer example with TomEE 7.0.1 with java (oracle)
1.8.0_60 on mac version 10.11.6. The timers are getting fired too quickly.

ping = Ping {timeInfo='Every 5 second timer - AutomaticTimerBean',
time=1472765288809}
ping = Ping {timeInfo='Every 5 second timer - AutomaticTimerBean',
time=1472765290808}
ping = Ping {timeInfo='Every 5 second timer - MultipleScheduleTimerBean',
time=1472765292006}
ping = Ping {timeInfo='Every 10 second timer - MultipleScheduleTimerBean',
time=1472765292008}
ping = Ping {timeInfo='Every 5 second timer - MultipleScheduleTimerBean',
time=1472765295006}
ping = Ping {timeInfo='Every 5 second timer - ProgrammaticTimerBean',
time=1472765295836}
ping = Ping {timeInfo='Every 5 second timer - ProgrammaticTimerBean',
time=1472765300838}
ping = Ping {timeInfo='Every 5 second timer - SchedulesTimerBean',
time=1472765301679}
ping = Ping {timeInfo='Every 10 second timer - SchedulesTimerBean',
time=1472765301681}
ping = Ping {timeInfo='Every 5 second timer - SchedulesTimerBean',
time=1472765305679}

Thanks,
Venkat

Re: TomEE 7.0.1 EJB TimerService does not trigger correctly

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Nothing i think? Logging of the example just looks weird cause it doesnt
log an execution but a listed timer so you end up logging at the fastest
rate.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Did you get abused by the code which uses getAllTimers()?

If you change a bit the impl you can see it works as expected:
https://gist.github.com/rmannibucau/2b9dc757e7cc6cda429bf2f3d004458c

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Venkat