Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2002/05/02 21:04:15 UTC

WC inconsistency

[ Karl is looking at this, but figured that I'd copy dev ]

Karl,

Here is the transcript of the WC bug that I ran into. Annotations in {...}

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ svn rm msg.63152.00001.tmp~
D  msg.63152.00001.tmp~
[gstein@roshi trunk]$ svn commit -m "toss msg file"
Deleting  trunk/msg.63152.00001.tmp~

Committed revision 14.

{ this was an EDITOR message file that ended up in my WC, then added; I
  wanted it gone, so I rm'd and committed. you've already fixed that
  spurious newline in there }

{ about to backwards update to test some of the ra_dav functionality that I
  changed and to verify the commit; etc }

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ svn up -r 10

subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/util.c:393
svn_error: #21090 : <RA layer request failed>
  GET of /walkthru/$svn/ver/3.1/trunk/props.c returned status code 200 (OK)

{ my code was borken. I was making it expect 201 rather than 200. I fixed
  this code, then ran the backwards update below: }

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ svn up -r 10
U  ./props.c
Updated to revision 10.

{ hey! it didn't re-add the msg file, yet it says I'm at 10 }

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ dir
./             adm_ops.c  entries.h  merge.c      .svn/   wc.h
../            adm_ops.h  foo/       props.c      translate.c
adm_crawler.c  copy.c     lock.c     props.h      translate.h
adm_files.c    diff.c     log.c      questions.c  update_editor.c
adm_files.h    entries.c  log.h      questions.h  util.c

{ yup. definitely not there. }

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ svn up
U  ./props.c
D  ./msg.63152.00001.tmp~
Updated to revision 14.

{ it "deleted" the file, even though it was already missing }

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ svn up -r 10
U  ./props.c
A  ./msg.63152.00001.tmp~
Updated to revision 10.

{ okay. we're in sync again. it properly added the file back. }

[gstein@roshi trunk]$ dir
./             adm_ops.h  lock.c                props.h      update_editor.c
../            copy.c     log.c                 questions.c  util.c
adm_crawler.c  diff.c     log.h                 questions.h  wc.h
adm_files.c    entries.c  merge.c               .svn/
adm_files.h    entries.h  msg.63152.00001.tmp~  translate.c
adm_ops.c      foo/       props.c               translate.h
[gstein@roshi trunk]$

You can simulate the error in your copy of the code by making
fetch.c::custom_get_request() return an error. (just go to the bottom and
create and return any old error)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: WC inconsistency

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
Ooops... never mind. Ben pointed out this is issue 658.

Cheers,
-g