Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Thomas Sjögren <th...@northernsecurity.net> on 2002/08/20 09:43:50 UTC

Security docs

In the TODO file better organization / more content is wanted for the
security documentation and since i now (finally) got some time left
over this weekend i thought i would update the doc with more info.

any ideas/recommendations of what to write about?

/Thomas
--
thomas@northernsecurity.net   |   www.northernsecurity.net
thomas@se.linux.org   |   www.se.linux.org

Re: Security docs

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
Thomas Sjögren wrote:
> In the TODO file better organization / more content is wanted for the
> security documentation and since i now (finally) got some time left
> over this weekend i thought i would update the doc with more info.
>
> any ideas/recommendations of what to write about?

Personally, I'm stumped about what to do with that doc, or I would have
taken a stab at it myself.  The problem is that "security" means so many
things (authentication/authorization/access control/ssl/tls/filesystem
permissions/properly audited cgi/ssi/etc/etc/etc).

Perhaps the best we can do is have a listing of some "best practices"
that we recommend to users.

Joshua.