Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@propfinancing.com> on 2023/03/10 04:22:34 UTC

--add-opens gives me unknown module

Hey everyone:

I am trying to deploy a Spring Boot 3.0.4 application to a Tomcat 10.1.7

server.  The machine has java 17 installed.

When I try to loan tomcat, it gives me this error:

java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make field private
static final java.lang.reflect.Method jdk.proxy3.$Proxy74.m0 accessible:
module jdk.proxy3 does not "opens jdk.proxy3" to unnamed module @14022c95

It seems strange to me the module can’t pen itself.  But, I added these
lines in setenv.sh to
try to work around it:

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS --add-opens jdk.proxy3/jdk.proxy3=ALL-UNNAMED"

export JAVA_OPTS

But, now, when I run tomcat, I get this:

WARNING: Unknown module: jdk.proxy3 specified to --add-opens

And I still get the exception.

Any ideas what I need to do here?

Thank you,

  Neil

--

Neil Aggarwal, (972) 834-1565, http://www.propfinancing.com

We offer 30 year loans on single family houses!

RE: --add-opens gives me unknown module

Posted by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@propfinancing.com>.
I have a lot of dependencies.

I guess I am going to have to start a test project and them to it
one at a time.

Thank you,

  Neil

AW: --add-opens gives me unknown module

Posted by "Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH)" <Th...@speed4trade.com.INVALID>.
Hello,

it seems you are using an outdated library which is not compatible to java 17.
Are there any other libraries except spring boot which might use the proxy class?
Best is to search for a newer version and upgrade the corresponding library.

Greetings, Thomas