Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Robert Douglass <r....@onlinehome.de> on 2004/03/12 22:27:26 UTC

Looking for Http Tool

Hello HttpClient developers,

I'm looking for a tool that intelligently makes rule-based static copies of
dynamic sites. I know that Microsoft Frontpage has an import feature, and
I'm sure there are other similar programs. Frontpage, however, falls short
of what I need. Ideally, the program could run either as a cron type job on
a server, or in a GUI. I'd be interested in being able to write rules like
www.site.com/home.php?lang=french gets rewritten to french/home.html. Any
suggestions? If there really isn't a good tool, I'll consider starting work
on one (and showcasing HttpClient, of course!) Thanks for your suggestions,

Robert Douglass

RE: [OT] Looking for Http Tool

Posted by Robert Douglass <r....@onlinehome.de>.
Thank you. I posted here mostly with the intention of finding out whether
anyone was working on or knew of such a program that is based on the
HttpClient code - in which case it would have been only mildly off topic,
and a far better resource than Google.

Cheers,

Robert

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.